Saturday, September 8, 2012

Last-Minute Preview (4 of 4): Postseason Seedings and Predictions

You've been waiting long enough. With the first full Sunday of action beginning tomorrow, I thought it was finally time to complete my four-part "Last-Minute Preview" series. Here they are, my 2012 postseason seedings and playoff picks.


AFC

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. New England Patriots
3. Houston Texans
4. Denver Broncos
5. Pittsburgh Steelers
6. Tennessee Titans

NFC

1. Green Bay Packers
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Carolina Panthers
5. New Orleans Saints
6. Chicago Bears

Wild Card Round

Texans defeat Titans
Steelers defeat Broncos
Cowboys defeat Bears
Saints defeat Panthers

Divisional Round

Ravens defeat Steelers
Texans defeat Patriots
Packers defeat Saints
49ers defeat Cowboys

Conference Championship

Ravens defeat Texans
Packers defeat 49ers
Super Bowl XLVII (in New Orleans, LA)

Packers defeat Ravens

MVP: Aaron Rodgers––No. 2 of his eight-year career

Joe Flacco falls just short of proving to everyone he can win the big one. Strangely enough, the way my seedings and picks have come out, there are a couple of rematches from last season's playoffs: Steelers/Broncos, Ravens/Texans, and of course we (according to me, anyways) will get to witness yet another classic Steerlers vs. Ravens playoff battle.

This will be the first playoff meeting in which the Ravens actually manage to edge the stingy Steelers. It;s short-lived, however, as the Packers and it's pass-heavy offense trumps the Ray Lewis-led Baltimore squad in New Orleans.


Note: I do not own the above image. No copyright infringement intended.
Another Note: My Week 1 picks for tomorrow have been posted in the "Picks" tab.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a great preview of the season here, although there is one thing I might disagree with. I think that if Denver and Pittsburgh were to play in the divisional round, I believe that Denver could pull it off, as long as Manning stays healthy. It would really resemble what should happen tonight. I won’t be able to watch tonight’s game live because I’m going to be working late at Dish. However, my Hopper will record it with PrimeTime Anytime so that I can watch it tonight, and not miss any action. I am a huge Broncos fan, so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe that Denver could pull of a great turnaround this season!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!